How much can I expect to
As a locum
doctor, the rates will be considerably higher than that of an employed NHS
doctor. The locum rates can vary between hospitals and can also depend on the
medical discipline that you specialise in.
How do I register
with United Medicare?
To register with our agency, we will need various forms of documentation
from you before we can send you out as a locum doctor.
- An application form. (Click here to download the form)
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of any certificates which support your C.V.
- Details of two professional referees.
- A current copy of Hepatitis B certificate, ideally issued
by a UK hospital occupational health department.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK. We need a copy of
your passport showing your Visa stamp and nationality.
- A Copy of your current GMC certificate.
- Two passport sized photographs for your hospital identity
Do I get accommodation at the
Many hospitals do offer free single accommodation but some hospitals
do require a small fee. This may differ in Central London where
accommodation is less freely available and is extremely limited.
What would happen if I needed
to cancel a locum booking?
Occasionally, you may have to
cancel a locum assignment due to unexpected circumstances. If this does happen
to you, we just ask that you try to give us as much notice as possible so that
we can inform the hospital and offer a replacement. In the event of very short
notice, we will ask you to ring the Medical Staffing Officer directly to advise
them of your reason for cancelling the assignment.
We want to ensure that you are aware that very last minute cancellations are
taken very seriously and NHS Trusts can refer this matter to the General Medical
Council. This could severely damage your professional